The NMSU Biology Department with the support of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI) is increasing persistence in science by nurturing students’ interest in science and providing support for them to succeed in their majors.This is accomplished by:
- enhancing NMSU biology courses to incorporate a research-based component,
- by providing in and out of classroom support to students through peer instructors and peer advisers, and
- by offering undergraduate research opportunities.
- Biosymposium, October 1, 2016, Department of Biology. Last day to submit an abstract is September 18, 2016. Please submit abstracts at https://bio.nmsu.edu/biosymposium/“.
- Biology Seminar, Thursday, October 6, 2016, 4-5 pm, Foster Hall, Room 231, Paola Mera, NMSU
- Lab Safety Refresher, October 27, 2016, 4-5 pm, Foster Hall, Room 231. Please register here https://safety.nmsu.edu/training/offerings/current-offerings/.
- NMSU-HHMI sponsored guest speaker, Bridgett vonHoldt, Princeton University, October 31, 2016, 12:30-1:20 pm, Chem. & Biochem., Room 153: “The molecular structure of domestication: A case study of canines”.