The ASC is designed to provide professional development for New Mexico State high school teachers and to act as a science resource center.
Objectives of the ASC
– Provide professional development opportunities for teachers in the form of summer programs and classroom training.
– Act as a resource center for teachers participating in the Equipment Lending Certification program .
– Function as a reference area for news and links to NMSU-HHMI Outreach activities.
Benefits of the ASC
– Comprehensive training in content and application of cutting edge technology.
– Continued support and training during classroom independence phase of resource use.
– Opportunities to participate in curriculum development and science education research.
What’s available to me?
In addition to the opportunity to participate in summer programs, teachers that move forward in their training and certifications process, have access to state-of-the-art molecular genetics equipment and supplies to facilitate lab activities in their own classrooms – free of cost. Resources include: programmable thermal cyclers, centrifuges, micropipettes, gel electrophoresis equipment and UV transilluminators.
- Teacher Professional Development Opportunities
For information about teacher’s professional development opportunities click on the link.
The ASC is an evolving resource and we welcome your input, comments, and suggestions regarding how the ASC can contribute to your professional development and classroom curriculum.
Contact our Outreach Coordinator to learn more about opportunities the NMSU-HHMI ASC has to offer.
Christin Slaughter, M.S.
NMSU-HHMI Outreach Coordinator
Department of Biology, New Mexico State University